Complete Monsters are the worst of all villains, a villain who is completely atrocious and irredeemable. For this kind of villain, doing evil for them is as natural as breathing. They can be recognized by these signs:
- They commit acts that are atrocious by the standards of the story, and have crossed the Moral Event Horizon. Villains who have only crossed the Moral Event Horizon once usually do not qualify, although rare examples exist.
- They are taken seriously, causing fear, revulsion, and hatred from other characters in the story. Therefore, villains that fall under Comic Relief can never qualify.
- They are never presented in a positive way.
- They can never feel love for others. If they claim to have love for anyone, that "love" would merely be either perversion, possessiveness, or obsession.
- They display no sense of remorse towards those who they have hurt nor do they express any empathy for others as well.
- They are so evil that other villains are scared to work with them. Though some of these villains work with each other.
- Absolutely nothing justifies their heinous crimes and they never redeem themselves.
- If the protagonists do not act against these villains soon, there will be no happy end to the story.
- Sometimes, only defeating these villains will not be enough to stop their evil. They must also be permanently killed.